Vinnie/Gretsch divorce?

JohnDrum

Re: Vinnie/Gretsch divorce?

Postby JohnDrum » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:28 am

Cool pic:
interesting how the set up looks just like his Gretsch kits...almost the same natural colours too? Wonder if the cymbal grabber was just a try-out -he doesnl;t normally use a splash that far over?
Must be kind of good for him..we all fancy a change once in a while...
People whistle the song -they don't whistle your drum part - Ringo Starr
Darren Altman

Postby Darren Altman » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:44 am

I wonder what prompts Vinnie to go from Yamaha, to Gretsch, then to Ludwig in only a few years? Also to move from Zildjian to Paiste, after evangelising about them for so many years. Do you think it's really "the sound I have in my head?"
rest

Postby rest » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:09 am

Darren Altman wrote:I wonder what prompts Vinnie to go from Yamaha, to Gretsch, then to Ludwig in only a few years? Also to move from Zildjian to Paiste, after evangelising about them for so many years. Do you think it's really "the sound I have in my head?"

Vinnie was a Gretsch endorsee from about 1996. It seems to me more than "a few years" anyway. 8-) Maybe he just need to fresh things up a little bit...
alva1414

Postby alva1414 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:39 am

Im waiting for Vinnie to get a clue about drumming and go with a Pulse/Camber endorsement. Maybe even use the guitar center sticks too. :-|
langmick

Postby langmick » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:04 am

Can't wait to hear him play some of the Twenty masters rides...
bensdrums

Postby bensdrums » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:44 am

It would have been so awesome (however unrealistic it might be for a musician with his touring schedule and visibility) if he just played whatever he wanted and didn't endorse anything. Just saying. I'm sure he has great reasons that we might never know. I just think it would have been a really hip thing to do, especially in today's industry.
old_K_ride

Postby old_K_ride » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:03 am

not to get into a pissing match but over the past few years I've heard numerous Ludwig kits in a concert setting that blew away Yamaha & DW sets that were used by other acts on the same concert bill.
I didn't expect to hear how great the Ludwig kits sounded. More than anything I really didn't expect to hear how unimpressive the brands mentioned above were .
just my .2
TR
Odd-Arne Oseberg

Postby Odd-Arne Oseberg » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:21 am

I've been very impressed by Ludwig drums and how they sound in context. I like Gretsch just because they have a certain character that I just respond to. I've heard Yamahha sound both good and bad. DWs, mostly bad, except Riley and Erskine.
amoergosum

Postby amoergosum » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:45 am

I would like to see the Google Analytics results for the websites of Ludwig and Paiste ...:)
amoergosum

Postby amoergosum » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:32 am

Return to “Drumming Chat”