Husband on Antoine Fafard new album clip

Gary Husband

Husband on Antoine Fafard new album clip

Postby Gary Husband » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:51 am

Hi all at HOD,

I wanted to run by you a couple of little videos from a session that marks as the recorded maiden voyage of my customised shell red Pearl drum kit! Needless to say I'm delighted with it and happy to announce the brand new album by bassist and composer Antoine Fafard ("Sphere") from which these little recording session clips derive. I'm playing drums (lead synth and piano too) throughout the record and very happy about the production, how it all came out sounding and that Antoine asked me to play on the project!
I really hope you enjoy it.

http://youtu.be/xMfEfBmK-j0
http://youtu.be/sxEfIpj59PE

Best wishes all,

GH
langmick

Re: Husband on Antoine Fafard new album clip

Postby langmick » Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:39 am

Sounds really nice Gary, when is the album out?
Gary Husband

Postby Gary Husband » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:25 am

langmick wrote:Sounds really nice Gary, when is the album out?

Thanks sir. It's out right now in fact.

The new album 'Sphère' featuring Gary Husband (drums/keys) and guitarist Jerry De Villiers Jr is now out! The album is available on CD in a digipak version available in many stores including CD Baby, Amazon and many more. Another CD version - a limited digibook edition featuring 3 bonus tracks - (recommended!) - is available at http://www.antoinefafard.com/sphere.html

Sphère is also available on most of the the download and streaming services including iTunes.
mcraeh

Postby mcraeh » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:43 am

cant wait for cd!!
mcraeh

Postby mcraeh » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:49 am

Gary, was just listening to Gongzilla "Thrive", came up on playlist. wow, forgot I had that, and didn't know that was you!! great playing as usual!

Fafard is really on it it these days, would love to see a live gig or dvd from you guys! My progressive rock band mates are getting ideas from his/your tunes!! there seems to be some of those elements in there. maybe i can them to do some fusion for once!!
beat hit

Postby beat hit » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:36 am

BTW, this album release was mentioned here: http://www.houseofdrumming.com/phpbb3/v ... 03&p=40247

Very very nice album... contains interesting daring moments, not keeping it safe all the time, which is a plus... Great context for Mr Husband's orchestral flare to flourish, very very solid drumming here, not expecting less from the Master!! :)

Beautiful playing by Jerry De Villiers jr., especially his solo on "Renaissance Man" and on this one linked below "Reminiscence". The "Renaissance Man" solo is IMHO one of the most beautiful piece of Art I've ever heard.

Gary Husband

Postby Gary Husband » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:08 pm

beat hit wrote:BTW, this album release was mentioned here: http://www.houseofdrumming.com/phpbb3/v ... 03&p=40247

Very very nice album... contains interesting daring moments, not keeping it safe all the time, which is a plus... Great context for Mr Husband's orchestral flare to flourish, very very solid drumming here, not expecting less from the Master!! :)

Beautiful playing by Jerry De Villiers jr., especially his solo on "Renaissance Man" and on this one linked below "Reminiscence". The "Renaissance Man" solo is IMHO one of the most beautiful piece of Art I've ever heard.

Ha! Thank you sir.

But why is it people always only mention the guitar solos!! :-)

(The pianist and synthesist!)
Last edited by Gary Husband on Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Odd-Arne Oseberg

Postby Odd-Arne Oseberg » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:31 pm

People just react more to those strings being mangled, I guess.

Personally, I'm pretty picky on the sounds I like so that type of guitar tone doesn't really do it for me anymore. Sitting right in front of Mike Landau's cab on small club gigs changed my whole perspective on guitar tone long ago.

We all appreciate different things in music.

I loved the show you played with Jom M. in Trondheim last year. Opening the shw with "Raju", my favourite tune, and I knew it was gonna be a good night.

Cool to see you so into what you're doing and I enjoyed the double drumming very much. Solid unit that band.
beat hit

Postby beat hit » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:01 pm

Gary Husband wrote:
beat hit wrote:But why is it people always only mention the guitar solos!! :-)

Mea culpa!! I have no good reasons for you Gary because I really really dig your keyboard playing on this.. It is World-Class sir!! Taking that same track below as an example.. How you pick-up and where you take your solo at 4:29 is outstanding... BRAVO!

PS: Please keep us posted on your potential future tribute to Bill Evans piano projects...

Gary Husband

Postby Gary Husband » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:21 am

NEW!
Full track from Antione Farard's SPHERE! "Cherishing" is a co-composition between Jerry De Villiers Jr and Antoine and which also features my piano and drums.
Hope you enjoy.
https://youtu.be/YtMX2LhAXX0

Return to “Drumming Chat”