Show me your Drum Room!

Odd-Arne Oseberg

Re: Show me your Drum Room!

Postby Odd-Arne Oseberg » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:17 am

About two months ago I quita job I couldn't stand, moved back home and have an apartment in my parents basement. About 300 meters away from the house is the school I went as a kid. Some years ago the government decided that Norwegian kids should start school one year earlier and since there was no room here for an extra class they had to build a small extra house next to the school for the first graders.They recently built a whole new school so the old buildings are not in use. This makes it possible for me to use that small house however I want and so far completely free of charge.

bensdrums

Postby bensdrums » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:46 pm

I built this room in my garage last year. I've messed around with how it's configured, so there's some different ones of different kits, but here's some pictures.

The room is about 10' x 17' with sliding panels in between two sides; a "control" side with my mix desk and a "kit" side where I can practice and record. I've also used the control side to track with various musicians I work with, it's a good separation. The room isn't really soundproof, but controls noise well enough so that it can barely be heard outside my garage doors (it's a two stall garage). I've got some construction and carpentry experience and built everything myself, to include the mix desk.

Hope you folks dig it.

Here's what it looked like before I started.

A few build pictures.

Moving in.

Drumkits.

Snare Drums.

Behind the kit (recently).

Current "control side" setup.

Current "kit side" setup.
Morgenthaler

Postby Morgenthaler » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:08 am

Wow, fantastic space, @bensdrums ! <3 - and beautiful kits!

I still rock the Peavey kit, although I moved to a nicer practice space last year. Yay.
I soon also "jazz" my old Trova kit (Slingerland imitation) - I just need a few stands and more cymbals (saving up)

langmick

Postby langmick » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:09 pm

Awesome project Ben.
Julián Fernández

Postby Julián Fernández » Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:30 am

Sweet place, Ben... Do you have a clip of the drum sound you´re achieving?
bensdrums

Postby bensdrums » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:05 am

I'll post some when I finish some projects I'm working on.
Richie Jarvis

Postby Richie Jarvis » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:52 pm

It's a mess and it's not all of it but I have a new desk coming as well as miss etc....

Odd-Arne Oseberg

Postby Odd-Arne Oseberg » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:52 am

Seems my most amazing room was never shown here. Sadly it was not to be, though. Here are some pics from the first days when I moved in. Needed some adjustment for loud drumming, but pretty much the best sounding room I've ever been in. Fr any sort of softer acoustic instrument, just amazing. I just want to cry, really. This was my home. Though the level of abuse was such that I can hardly even remember.

It's now my parent's boathouse where I've reduced things to this little 4-piece for now.

Here's the room.

If I drag the kit to the middle of the room it sounds much better,

but it's really just a place to practice and I have be a bit more considerate towards my sorroundings than previously. I try not to be there from 11 pm. to 9 am which is not optimal for me. Jams tend to go late and if I could choose in periods of steady practice I'd start at 5 am. Not like most musicians probably, but that's what I like.

Then there's this little thing at home. Reflexx pad as floor tom not showing. Using the DW and Futz right now as they feel different and I think that's good for recovery. With any sort of headphone you get rid of the annoying artifacts of the L80s and it works remarkably well. I'll replicate this for my travel/tent rig. Pretty sold on the feel of the Xymox these days.

At work, when I have to be quiet and don't want to bring or set up too much, this is it.

sjj123

Postby sjj123 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:16 am

When your taking on flack your over the target
NRA Life Member
Juan Expósito

Postby Juan Expósito » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:54 pm

^^^Link doesn´t work.

Return to “Drumming Chat”