LP is streaming a lesson with Efrain Toro:
bclarkio

Re: Quarantine Chatty!

Postby bclarkio » Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:28 pm

A young Erskoman with Louis Hayes

Odd-Arne Oseberg

Postby Odd-Arne Oseberg » Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:15 am

Just back from doing my activism thing in Tynset today and yesterday.

Things are slow. Not necessarily too many people noticing. Lots of kids dancing and today I Iet this little girl, probably about 6 years old, come and play along on my floor tom.

Things do happen if you hang in there though, so the local newspaper finally interviewed me today. Took pictures of me and my little poster. I've promised them to send a full non-post-traumatic version of my story there and why I'm doing this. They're not really the same thing, though obviously realated. I would be doing this anyway, but on a different level with different resources if these things hadn't happened. It's not mainly about the abuse I've sufferred, but a more about some of the reasons why these things can happen, the reasons I chose to become a music teacher at a very young age when I saw and understood the core of the biggest issues. I was 9 yo. Amazing that people in their 50s and 60s don't get it at all. That's narcissism for you, though. More like 5 year olds. :roll:

A young woman who has her own page about the town also will post my picture and message there.

This is not reall about my case. It's me not wanting m knowledge to go to waste and nowhere do the politicians need this information more than thwese places I've worked.

Next time will be on a weekday and it will be well planned.

Only the leaders and the employees closest to them have an issue with me being there. Everyone else is very supportive.

It's a small town and rumours spread like wildfire, so if they don't know more about me they soon will from those who do.

I'm postponing next weekends thing until spring. I'm tired and I think it will be more effective in that specific place if I let the sweat a bit more.

Next one is in my hometown in 4 weeks, so no travel. It's the day of the first council meeting after lockdown, so I'll be their welcoming committee. They weird factor will be extremely high, but that's how it goes. It's necessary.
Julián Fernández

Postby Julián Fernández » Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:33 pm

Listening to Bird today... What a legacy!

Kurtis

Postby Kurtis » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:46 pm

bclarkio

Postby bclarkio » Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:48 am

Love Jo Jones.

My son brought home a broken guitar, thinking I could fix it, but it wasn't worth the effort.

By humming into the sound hole I discovered it resonated in "F."

I had a few bells and blocks in "F," and created what I call a "Mootar" (because of the cowbells).
Attachments
Mootar (2).jpg
Mootar (2).jpg (537.27 KiB) Viewed 3672 times
langmick

Postby langmick » Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:48 pm

Happened upon this today. Reminded that Phil Gould is an incredible player. Good grief. What a pocket and crazy chops. And his drums sound great, like a punkier Simon Phillips. Super impressed.

Paul Marangoni

Postby Paul Marangoni » Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:31 pm

langmick wrote:Phil Gould is an incredible player. Good grief. What a pocket and crazy chops. And his drums sound great, like a punkier Simon Phillips. Super impressed.

So true. I've always loved his drumming, his sound, his grooves, and his writing. Check out his solo record. Beautiful tunes.

Paul Marangoni

Postby Paul Marangoni » Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:42 pm

beat hit wrote:Toronto's iconic El Mocambo reopening Thursday...

https://elmocambo.com

My good friend and former bandmate Andy Curran is involved with them. I saw many great shows at the El Mocambo, including:
  • Billy Cobham
  • Missing Persons
  • Bill Bruford
  • Kings X
  • Tribal Tech
  • David Bendeth

I also played there several times myself with different bands.

I'm surprised that they've started their own Record Company now too. Who does that in this day and age?

Return to “Drumming Chat”