AZ drum shops?

Jay Alsman

AZ drum shops?

Postby Jay Alsman » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:03 pm

Heading to Scottsdale area tomorrow thru Sat., I thought maybe someone here could give me some insight on the best drum shop (or two) to check out while I'm in town. I looked on google, but I figured the forum here would give me a much better take on what places are worth my time. Also, I'm all for some suggestions to catch some good jazz while I'm there, although not sure how feasible that is on weeknights. Thanks for the help guys...
Some not so recent playinghttp://www.cdbaby.com/cd/ScottPazera.. track 7
Randy Walker

Re: AZ drum shops?

Postby Randy Walker » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:21 am

only 'real' drumshop that i know of currently is in Mesa at Milanos. "my studio is in Scottsdale, give a shout"
Gaddabout

Postby Gaddabout » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:35 pm

Ah man, I didn't get here in time for this. Yep, Milano's is the only one, at least on the east half of the Valley. I don't know much about Bizarre in Glendale because it's way far away. Tom Schultz at Milano's. Ask for him. He's a good guy and knows what he's doing. I was talking to Jerry at Pro Drum in Studio City last year and he asked where I was from. I told him Mesa and he immediately asked if I knew Tom. ha! That's a good reputation to have.
“Let's try some of my songs.” Dave Grohl, top sign drummer will be fired.
Jay Alsman

Postby Jay Alsman » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:36 pm

Thanks for the heads up guys! I will try to break away from the family, and make my way over there.

If I'm able Randy, I would love to check out the studio... If things go as planned, the family and I are probably moving out here within the next 5 yrs, and it would be great to know some drummers and other players in the Phoenix scene. Thanks again for the info.
Gaddabout

Postby Gaddabout » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:26 pm

Coolio. If you move here we'll have enough Zonies to have our own legitimate HOD hang.
“Let's try some of my songs.” Dave Grohl, top sign drummer will be fired.
Randy Walker

Postby Randy Walker » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:26 am

move here huh? from where? what area are you looking to buy in?
Jay Alsman

Postby Jay Alsman » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:59 am

Not real sure yet about where we would be looking to buy, I only know what we need to have as far as space, and price: at least 4 bR, 2 Bath and around 300k ...pretty standard... Moving from NW Indiana, which is basically considered Chicago... I'm 35 mins from downtown Chicago...

Return to “Drumming Chat”